NEC Laboratories Europe’s V2X-related Publications 2001-2016
· M. Boban, A. Festag: “Service-actuated multi-channel operation for vehicular communications”, Elsevier Computer Communications, May 2016
· B. Aygun, M. Boban, A. Wyglinski: “ECPR: Environment-and Context-aware Combined Power and Rate Distributed Congestion Control for Vehicular Communications”, Elsevier Computer Communications, May 2016
· M. Boban, P. M. d'Orey: Exploring the Practical Limits of Cooperative Awareness in Vehicular Communications, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, March 2016
· T. Leinmueller, M. Boban, A. Brakemeier, R. K. Schmidt and P. Spaanderman, “Multi-channel usage in day 2 and beyond EU V2X systems”, Proceedings of the 22nd ITS World Congress October 2015, Bordeaux, France
· W. Viriyasitavat, M. Boban, H.-M. Tsai, A. V. Vasilakos, “Vehicular Communications: Survey and Challenges of Channel and Propagation Models”, IEEE Vehicular Technology Magazine June 2015
· P. M. d’Orey, N. Maslekar, I. de la Iglesia, N. Zahariev, “NAVI: Neighbor-Aware Virtual Infrastructure for Information Collection and Dissemination in Vehicular Networks”, in Proceedings of the 81th IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, Glasgow, Scotland, May 2015
· M. Boban, P. M. d’Orey,”Measurement-based Evaluation of Cooperative Awareness for V2V and V2I Communication”, Proceedings of IEEE Vehicular Networking Conference (VNC) 2014, December 2014, Best Paper Award
· B. Tomas, H. Tsai, M. Boban, “Simulating Vehicular Visible Light Communication: Physical Radio and MAC Modeling”, Proceedings of IEEE Vehicular Networking Conference (VNC) 2014, December 2014
· A. Festag, “Cooperative Intelligent Transport Systems (C-ITS) Standards in Europe”, IEEE Communication Magazine, December 2014
· M. Boban and W. Viriyasitavat, “Channel Models for Vehicular Communications”, Chapter in “Vehicular ad hoc Networks - Standards, Solutions, and Research”, Springer, 2014
· M. Boban, J. Barros, and O. Tonguz: “Geometry-Based Vehicle-to-Vehicle Channel Modeling for Large-Scale Simulation,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 63, No. 9, November 2014
· M. Boban, R. Meireles, O. Tonguz, J. Barros, and P. Steenkiste: “TVR – Tall Vehicle Relaying in Vehicular Networks,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, May 2014.
· P. M. d’Orey, M. Boban, “Empirical Evaluation of Cooperative Awareness in Vehicular Communications”. Proceedings of the 79th IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, Seoul, Korea, May 2014, Best Paper Award
· A. Festag, H. Hartenstein, and J. Mittag: “Wireless LAN-based Vehicular Communication”, Encyclopedia of Automotive Engineering, Wiley-Blackwell, April 2014
· M. Boussedjra, N. Maslekar, J. Mouzna, and H. Labiod, “Traffic Signal Control Systems and Car-to-Car Communications” in Vehicular Networks (eds A.-L. Beylot and H. Labiod), John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, NJ USA, June 2013
· A. Festag, M. Wiecker, and N. Zahariev: „Safety and Traffic Efficiency Applications for GeoMessaging over Cellular Mobile Networks”, ITS World Congress and Exhibition, Vienna, Austria, October 2012
· F Alesiani, O. M. Lykkja, A. Festag, R. Baldessari: "Cooperative ITS Messages for Green Mobility: An Overview from the eCoMove Project", ITS World Congress and Exhibition, Vienna, Austria, October 2012
· L. Le, R. Baldessari, P. Salvador, A. Festag, and W. Zhang: “Performance Evaluation of Beacon Congestion Control Algorithms for VANETs”, Ad Hoc and Sensor Networking Symposium, IEEE GLOBECOM 2011, Houston, USA, December 2011. Date of publication: December 5, 2011
· M. Gramaglia, C.J. Bernardos, I. Soto, M. Calderon, R. Baldessari: “IPv6 Address Autoconfiguration in Geonetworking-enabled VANETs: Characterization and Evaluation of the ETSI Solution”, EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, December 2011
· Festag, R. Baldessari, L. Le, W. Zhang, M. Goleva, M. Sakata, T. Tsukahara, M. Kato: "Infrastructure-Assisted Communication for CAR-2-X Communication", ITS World Congress and Exhibition, Orlando, FL, USA, October 2011
· R. Stahlmann, A. Festag, A. Tomatis, I. Radusch, F. Fischer: "Starting European Field Tests for CAR-2-X Communication: The DRIVE C2X Framework", ITS World Congress and Exhibition, Orlando, FL, USA, October 2011
· Festag, L. Le, M. Goleva: "Field Operational Tests for Cooperative Systems: A Tussle Between Research, Standardization and Deployment", Accepted for VANET workshop, Las Vegas, NE, USA, September 2011
· R. Baldessari, L. Le, W. Zhang, A. Festag: "Joining Forces for VANETs: A Combined Transmit Power and Rate Control Algorithm", 7th International Workshop on Intelligent Transportation (WIT 2010), March 2010.
· Festag, P. Papadimitratos, T. Tielert: "Design and Performance of Secure Geocast for Vehicular Communication", IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Volume 59 , Issue 5, pages 1 - 16, March 2010.
· L. Le, A. Festag, R. Baldessari, W. Zhang: "Vehicular Wireless Short-Range Communication for Improving Intersection Safety", IEEE Communications Magazine, Automotive Networking Series, Vol. 47, Issue 11, pages 104-110, November 2009.
· M. Drigo, W. Zhang, R. Baldessari, L. Le, A. Festag, and M. Zorzi: "Distributed Rate Control Algorithm for VANETs (DRCV) (Poster)", VANET 2009, pages 119-120, Beijing, China, September 2009.
· M. Bechler, T. M. Bohnert, S. Cosenza, A. Festag, M. Gerlach, and D. Seeberger, "Evolving the European ITS Architecture for Car-to-X Communication", 16th ITS World Congress and Exhibition, Stockholm, Sweden, September 2009.
· S. Hess, G. Segarra, K. Evensen, A. Festag, T. Weber, S. Cadzow, M. Arndt, and A. Wiles: "Towards Standards for Sustainable ITS in Europe", 16th ITS World Congress and Exhibition, Stockholm, Sweden, September 2009.
· A. Festag, R. Baldessari, W. Zhang, and L. Le, "CAR-2-X Communication SDK – A Software Toolkit for Rapid Application Development and Experimentations" , Workshop on IEEE Vehicular Networking and Applications Workshop - Future Wireless Technologies for Vehicle Infrastructure Integration (VII) Applications (VehiMobil 2009), co-located with IEEE ICC 2009, Dresden, Germany, June 2009.
· Festag, S. Hess, "ETSI Technical Committee ITS: News from European Standardization for Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS)", IEEE Communication Magazine, Global Communications Newsletter, June 2009
· L. Le, A. Festag, R. Baldessari, and W. Zhang, "V2X Communication and Intersection Safety", 13th International Forum on Advanced Microsystems for Automotive Applications Smart Systems for Safety, Sustainablility and Comfort (AMAA), Berlin, Germany, May 2009
· L. Le, A. Festag, R. Baldessari, and W. Zhang, "Communication-Based Intersection Safety: Motivation, Challenges and State-of-the-Art", 6th International Workshop on Intelligent Transportation (WIT), Hamburg, Germany, March 2009.
· A. Festag, W. Zhang, L. Le, and R. Baldessari, "Geocast in Vehicular Networks", Book chapter in "Vehicular Networks: Techniques, Standards and Applications", edts. H. Moustafa and Y. Zhang, Auerbach publishers, Taylor & Francis Group, February 2009
· L. Le, A. Festag, R. Baldessari, and W. Zhang, "CAR-2-X Communication in Europe", Book chapter in "Vehicular Networks: From Theory to Practice", edts. S. Olariu and M. Weigle, Chapman & Hall/CRC Computer & Information Science Series, February 2009
· A. Festag, A. Hessler, R. Baldessari, L. Le, W. Zhang, and D. Westhoff, "Vehicle-to-Vehicle and Road-Side Sensor Communication for Enhanced Road Safety", ITS World Congress and Exhibition, New York, USA November 2008
· W. Zhang, A. Festag, R. Baldessari, and L. Le, "Congestion Control for Safety Messages in VANETs: Concepts and Frameworks", 8th International Conference on ITS Telecommunications (ITST), pp. 199-203, Phuket, Thailand, October 2008
· A. Festag, "Car to X: Zuverlässigkeit der Daten ist wesentliche Herausforderung", Computerzeitung, No. 41, October 2008
· R. Baldessari, C. Bernardos, M. Calderon, “GeoSAC - Scalable Address Autoconfiguration for VANET Using Geographic Networking Concepts", 19th IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC), Cannes, France, September 2008
· A. Festag, R. Baldessari, L. Long, W. Zhang, A. Sarma and A. Fukukawa, "CAR-2-X Communication for Safety and Infotainment in Europe", NEC Technical Journal, Vol. 3, No. 1, Special Issue: ITS, March 2008
· L. Le, W. Zhang, A. Festag, and R. Baldessari, "Analysis of Approaches for Channel Allocation in Car-to-Car Communication", 1st International Workshop on Interoperable Vehicles (IOV 2008), pages 33-38, Zurich, Switzerland, March 2008
· R. Baldessari, A. Festag, W. Zhang, and L. Le, "A MANET-Centric Solution for Application of NEMO in VANET using Geographic Routing", 1st Workshop on Experimental Evaluation and Deployment Experiences on Vehicular networks (WEEDEV 2008), pages 123-128, Innsbruck, Austria, March 2008
· A. Festag, G. Noecker, M. Strassberger, A. Lübke, B. Bochow, M. Torrent-Moreno, S. Schnaufer, R. Eigner, C. Catrinescu, and J. Kunisch, "’NoW – Network on Wheels’: Project Objectives, Technology and Achievements", 5th International Workshop on Intelligent Transportation (WIT), pages 211 - 216, Hamburg, Germany, March 2008
· A. Harsch, A. Festag, and P. Papadimitratos, "Secure Position-Based Routing for VANETs", 66th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC Fall), Baltimore, MD, USA, October 2007
· R. Baldessari, A. Festag, and J. Abeille, "NEMO meets VANET: A Deployability Analysis of Network Mobility in Vehicular Communication", 7th International Conference on ITS Telecommunications (ITST 2007), pages 375–380, Sophia Antipolis, France, June 2007
· M. Gerlach, A. Festag, T. Leinmüller, G. Goldacker, and C. Harsch, “Security Architecture for Vehicular Communication”, 5th International Workshop on Intelligent Transportation (WIT), Hamburg, Germany, March 2007
· A. Festag, R. Baldessari, and H. Wang, “On Power-Aware Greedy Forwarding in Highway Scenarios”, 5th International Workshop on Intelligent Transportation (WIT), Hamburg, Germany, March 2007.
· E. Fonseca, A. Festag, R. Baldessari, and R. Aguiar, "Support of Anonymity in VANETs – Putting Pseudonymity into Practice”, IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC), Hong Kong, March 2007
· F. Armknecht, A. Festag, D. Westhoff, and K. Zeng, “Cross-Layer Privacy Enhancement and Non-Repudiation in Vehicular Communication”, 4th Workshop on Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks (WMAN), Bern Switzerland, March 2007
· A. Festag and R. Baldessari, “Internet Access for Vehicular Communication – A Two-Stage Approach with Public Hot-Spots and Dedicated Road-Side Units”, ITS World Congress and Exhibition, London, UK, October 2006
· A. Leiggener, R. Schmitz, A. Festag, L. Eggert, and W. Effelsberg, “Analysis of Path Characteristics and Transport Protocol Design in Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks”, IEEE 63rd Vehicular Technology Conference, (VTC Spring), Melbourne, Australia, May 2006
· M. Torrent-Moreno, A. Festag, and H. Hartenstein, “System Design for Information Dissemination in VANETs”, 3rd International Workshop on Intelligent Transportation (WIT), pages 27 –33, Hamburg, Germany, March 2006
· B. Bochow, F. Dötzer, A. Festag, M. Gerlach, T. Leinmüller, and M. Schäfer, “Attacks on Inter Vehicle Communication Systems - an Analysis”, 3rd International Workshop on Intelligent Transportation (WIT), pages 189–194, Hamburg, Germany, March 2006
· R. Baldessari, A. Festag, A. Matos, J. Santos, and R. Aguiar, “Flexible Connectivity Management in Vehicular Communication Networks”, 3rd International Workshop on Intelligent Transportation (WIT), pages 211–216, Hamburg, Germany, March 2006
· A. Festag, “Wifi für Autos”, Funkschau, pages 45-46, 13/2005, July 2005
· H. Füßler, M. Torrent-Moreno, M. Transier , A. Festag, and H. Hartenstein, “Thoughts on a Protocol Architecture for Vehicular Ad-hoc Networks”, 2nd International Workshop on Intelligent Transportation (WIT), Hamburg, Germany, March 2005
· H. Füßler, M. Möske, H. Hartenstein, W. Franz, A. Festag, C. Wagner, "A Position-Based Router: Design, Implementation and Measurements", in "Inter-Vehicle Communication Based on Ad Hoc Networking Principles, The FleetNet Project", Universitätsverlag Karlsruhe, ISBN 3-937300-88-0, 2005
· A. Festag, H. Füßler, H. Hartenstein, A. Sarma, and R. Schmitz, "FleetNet: Bringing Car-to-Car Communication into the Real World”, 11th ITS World Congress and Exhibtion, Nagoya, Japan, October 2004
· C. Lochert, H. Hartenstein, J. Tian, H. Füßler, D. Herrmann, M. Mauve, „A Routing Strategy for Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks in City Environments”, IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, June 2003, Columbus, Ohio.
· H. Füßler, J. Widmer, M. Kaesemann, M. Mauve, H. Hartenstein, „Contention-based forwarding for mobile ad hoc networks”, Ad Hoc Networks Journal, Elsevier, pp. 351-369, November 2003
· M. Mauve, H. Hartenstein, H. Füßler, J. Widmer, W. Effelsberg, „Positionsbasiertes Routing für die Kommunikation zwischen Fahrzeugen“it + ti 44 (5), pp. 278--286, October 2002
· M. Käsemann, H. Hartenstein, H. Füßler, M. Mauve, „Analysis of a Location Service for Position-Based Routing in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks”, Proc. of the 1st German Workshop on Mobile Ad-hoc Networking (WMAN 2002), pp. 121 -- 133, March 2002, Ulm, Germany
· H. Füßler, M. Mauve, H. Hartenstein, M. Käsemann, D. Vollmer, „Location-Based Routing for Vehicular Ad-Hoc Networks”, Poster at ACM MobiCom '02, ACM MC2R, September 2002, Atlanta, GA.
· J. Widmer, M. Mauve, H. Hartenstein, H. Füßler,“Position-Based Routing in Ad-Hoc Wireless Networks”, Mohammad Ilyas (ed.): The Handbook of Ad Hoc Wireless Networks, CRC Press, 2002, Boca Raton, FL, U.S.A.
· M. Mauve, J. Widmer, H. Hartenstein, „ A survey on position-based routing in mobile ad hoc networks”, IEEE Network Magazine, pp. 30-39, November/December 2001